Black Bear Rug Camp at Unicoi – October 13-18, 2019
Unicoi State Park Lodge – Helen, GA
Unicoi State Park Lodge is nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains near Helen, GA. Located among beautiful waterfalls, hiking, golf, boating and shopping, it is well appointed with lovely rooms and easy access to classes.
FEATURED SERVICES AT BLACK BEAR RUG CAMP:
- Experienced directors from the rug hooking world and nationally renowned instructors.
- Large common area classroom that holds 3 classes with adjacent sitting area and fireplace.
- Lovely grounds and amenities for your enjoyment.
- Two bed double occupancy, king size and handicapped rooms.
- Two full-service restaurants with continental breakfast and full hot buffet lunch provided. (Dinner is on your own)
- Full state park facilities for hiking, boating, fishing, swimming, cabins and camp sites.
- Bingo for wool during the evening. Other games and prizes during class hours.
- Rug show on Wednesday.
- Full service rug hooking store.
- Located 3 miles from quaint Bavarian Village of Helen, GA.
- Easy accessibility from Atlanta, GA, Charlotte, NC or Asheville, NC airports.
And …best of all… a great time with your rug hooking friends!
ON-SITE CAMP FEE – $475
People staying at the lodge will be supplied with 1 hot breakfast buffet and 1 hot lunch buffet Monday – Thursday. Meal tickets are provided.
COMMUTER CAMP FEE – $350
(Limit of 12 commuter students)
Commuter price includes class from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and daytime activities. No meals are included unless prior arrangements have been made. Campers and cabin occupants are commuters and may purchase meals at the cafeteria.
Meet and Greet will be at 5:30 pm Sunday. You are on your own for dinner Sunday night and may meet in the classrooms with your teachers at 7:30 pm. Teachers are not expected to teach Sunday (or any other night) unless they wish. Class hours are Monday through Thursday – 9 am – 12 pm and 1 pm – 4 pm.
LODGE ROOM RATE:
5 nights – (Sunday through Thursday / October 13-18, 2019)
Single Occupancy = $728.00 + tax and park fees
Double Occupancy = $440.00 + tax and park fees
(Rates subject to change)
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE for making your own reservations for lodging no later than August 15, 2019 at (706) 878-2201 – Unicoi State Park Lodge, 1788 Hwy. 356, Helen, GA 30545. Ask for: Black Bear Rug Camp and promo code: Hook when making reservations. After that time, all reserved blocks of Black Bear Camp rooms revert back to the lodge. There is no charge for lodge reservations; your card will be charged upon check in.
Check in time for the Lodge is 4:00 pm on Sunday. You may check in at Black Bear Registration after 2:00 pm if you wish. Commuters check in Monday morning, October 14th by 8:30 am.